Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some More Comments

Ok, I just read the comments from you, and here are a few answers. The weather reminds us a lot of Cincinnati in the fall. It starts at around 60 and then the sun comes up and it turns to the low 70's. You would think that this would be chilly, but it really isn't. The sun down here is very strong, and you feel a lot warmer than it is. Then, when the sun goes down behind the mountains (usually around 7ish) the temperature drops 25 degrees and you are needing your sweatshirt again. It does make it nice to have our backpacks to put our 'jumpers' in. :)

KJ~I actually got to see a little of the Homerun Derby! (Well, ok, we saw reruns of the homerun derby on the news, but still!) I haven't heard who won the ASG though, but don't tell me because I DVR'd it at home. :)

They are really big on Australian Football here (for obvious reasons) and it is really brutal! The guys working the desk in the middle of the night at the hotel are used to seeing me, and we got to talking about some of the rules. It sounds like a cross between football and rugby. (Without pads!) When I brought up the idea of a little protection, they looked at me like I had three heads and told me that our players 'in the states' were 'a bit of wimps'. Someone else is telling T.J. Whosyourmama that one. Yikes! :)

I will try to get some more pictures up in a little while. (I am just to sleepy to do many more now.) I am excited that you are following along. It helps us to stay connected to our special church at home. All our love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori,
You are doing a great job on the blog! I look forward to it everyday at lunch. I am sharing it with my co-workers also.

Erich,
Logan and I loved hearing from you yesterday! Thank you so much for the phone call. We love you and miss you!

All -
The kids and I pray for you each night. May you have a safe, blessed, and fun filled trip!

Robin, Logan, and Maelynn

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you guys are having a good time!! BTW Lor, is skype not working? I thought I had it fixed ;)
-Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

I love reading your blog. It lets us know that you are all doing well & having a great time! I guess I must have missed something though, who are Hammish,Fredrico and Furio??? I also love your pictures! It brings back a lot of memories from dad & my trip over there. I set the TVO to tape WYD last evening, three hours worth! And then when I got home from work tonight, I accidently deleted it. Now I have a season pass set up to tape it! We miss you a lot. And we are continuing to pray for all of you! By the way, it was your sister Sue that made the comment about being a foot shorter than everyone else in the group picture! She sends her love too!!!!

Love Mom, Dad & Doogie